3rd Edition?

Hey Joe,
How is the 3rd edition coming? Is there a hard release date for the digital and print copies?

Thanks in advance.

-james

I can’t wait for this. I finished reading through the Objective-C book and loved it. I also have read the first three chapters of the 2nd edition from a friends copy. It seems really good but I have held off on buying the 2nd edition because of the impending 3rd edition release date. Hopefully it is still coming out in March. I know that Amazon lists it as April.

I have a question regarding the 3rd edition and this seemed a good place to ask it.

I was planning to wait for the 3rd edition to come out on kindle before buying it but after having a free update from Amazon today on one of my other iOS kindle books I was wondering if I bought the 2nd edition now (as I’m impatient) will it update to the 3rd edition on release?

Cheers guys,

Luke

ditto on Luke’s question.

I have a similar question to Luke’s. I just purchased the 2nd edition paperback just a few weeks ago. I didn’t realize a 3rd edition was coming so soon. Would there be a discount on the kindle version for previous owners?

I’ve own two other iOS book and I have not been able to finish them due to various reasons. They were dry and not engaging, had useless examples that would not work, no forum support and did not explain the concept well.

I love your book so far, I’m about a quarter way through and understand more now than with any of my previous attempts.

Looks like it might be available on the Nook now. Will the Kindle version be around soon?

Would like to know a release date for the Amazon kindle version, I’ve stopped doing chapters in the 2nd version to avoid any double work.

I downloaded the Nook application just to be able to get a peek at the third edition (by getting a sample of the book from Barnes & Noble), but even though the picture shows “3rd Edition”, the sample is of the second edition. But I notice that the B&N page shows that the book will be available April 5.

I downloaded the Nook application just to be able to get a peek at the third edition (by getting a sample of the book from Barnes & Noble), but even though the picture shows “3rd Edition”, the sample is of the second edition. But I notice that the B&N page shows that the book will be available April 5.[/quote]

I did the same thing thinking it was the 3rd edition. The Barnes and Noble site makes it very misleading. Especially since that the “Buy Now” used to say Pre-Order then one day it says Buy Now.

The book is available using iBooks for iPad as of two or three days ago. Not much of a bargain from the print version but, it reads beautifully on the iPad - the charts seem to be much cleaner than the Kindle iPad version.

Nice update so far - I am through chapter 4!

The book is now available. I just received my paperback version today via Amazon.

Hi I received my pre-order copy from Amazon yesterday… Wednesday, March 28th, 2012. Just letting everyone know they are here! :smiley:

Did you update Xcode to 4.3.2 and iOS to 5.1? Will this break anything?