BNRDetailViewControllers not appearing

I am at exactly page 202, where it says "The user should be able to tap a row … " … and see BNRDetailViewController view.

When I tap, nothing happens. As far as I know, I did every step up to that point. Any idea what I forgot? I’ve been over the code a few times.

Eric

Determine whether your code is telling the view controller to display.

You can easily do this by putting debug logs in strategic points in your code or by putting debugger break points to find out what is going on.

Well, it would have helped if I had read pp. 203, where it tells me how to push view controllers. D’oh!

But now, something really weird is happening: When I put, say, six items in the list, every other item is selectable, and sends a didSelectRowAtIndexPath: . Sometimes the items at index 0, 2, 4, etc. are active. Sometimes only items at odd numbered indexes. When I move an item from an odd to an even index, the items gains or loses selectability.

Weird.

I can debug this but if you have it on the top of your head …

Eric

just encountered this same problem

turns out I had accidentally hit Enter for the Deselect method without reading it correctly. I discovered this when I clicked on the method and read the quickhelp. Hope this helps someone else avoid frustration.

Use:

- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath

not:

- (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didDeselectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath