Bronze Challenge: Zip file missing logo.png

The Chapter 4 Bronze Challenge: Draw an Image states:

A logo.png file does not exist in the 00-Resources folder or anywhere else in the zip file.

You can use icon.png, which gives me headaches as i can’t get the opacity correct. Maybe I’m missing something…

It doesn’t look as pretty as the one on the book, but this will do the job fine: d21buns5ku92am.cloudfront.net/2 … 739179.png

what is great about png is that it includes alpha channel, so the background of a png image may be cleared, thus making it transparent. But not all png image files have this transparent background, some of them still have a white background (that is part of the raster) and you cannot make it disappear (which is happening to you), or at least I don’t know how to remove it, I’m pretty sure there is a way to do this on Photoshop or image editing programs. Look at these two images upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … tion_2.png . While the first one seems to have a white background, it actually has a clear background ( you can drag the image around the screen and see that only the raster is going to be above anything, not any white background). The second one actually has a checkered background (when you drag it around the screen, you can see how it also drags the checkered background and it is part of the raster). The image I posted in my previous reply is a png with a clear background, so it will work nicely when added to your code, although it is resized automatically so it displays a little bit weird, but should be transparent and perfect for the shadow thing.

Hope this helps, I posted this with knowledge from a school project I did about 3 years ago and I haven’t worked with graphics since then, so if anyone notices something wrong in what I am saying please correct me :slight_smile:

Not that my Photoshop skills are all that, but here’s a quick PNG with transparent background I whipped up if anyone is interested…

goo.gl/ONAOKN

Here it is another version of the logo.

Thank you [quote=“shaolin108”]Not that my Photoshop skills are all that, but here’s a quick PNG with transparent background I whipped up if anyone is interested…

goo.gl/ONAOKN[/quote]

Thank you! This worked much nicer than a non-tranparent background image.

[quote=“twanco”]The Chapter 4 Bronze Challenge: Draw an Image states:

A logo.png file does not exist in the 00-Resources folder or anywhere else in the zip file.[/quote]

The 00-Resources folder in the downloadable Solutions has been updated and now includes that missing logo.png and others as well.
(as of March 18, 2014, last I checked)

Here is a nice bubble with transparency

sd