Camera freeze issue when locking screen

While playing around with the code snippets in the chapter it seems like whenever the screen is locked, then resuming again, the camera preview stays frozen. I double checked that my code matches the sample code, everything looks good. I also verified on two devices (Samsung Galaxy S3 & HTC Inspire). Also verified that the onResume and onPause callbacks are getting invoked while leaving/entering the lock screen.

The weird part is that it works correctly when I hit the home button then come back to the app. The issue is only reproducible when I go to the lock screen then come back. Any ideas? Thanks :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply :wink:

Urk!

I’ve had this one sitting in my queue for a while. I apologize for not getting back to you promptly.

I’m unable to verify the issue at the moment - does the solution behave similarly for you?

[quote=“jon4thangarcia”]While playing around with the code snippets in the chapter it seems like whenever the screen is locked, then resuming again, the camera preview stays frozen. I double checked that my code matches the sample code, everything looks good. I also verified on two devices (Samsung Galaxy S3 & HTC Inspire). Also verified that the onResume and onPause callbacks are getting invoked while leaving/entering the lock screen.

The weird part is that it works correctly when I hit the home button then come back to the app. The issue is only reproducible when I go to the lock screen then come back. Any ideas? Thanks :mrgreen:[/quote]

i have the same question, because, i set the activity portrait, when i press the power button, it only get onpause and onresume, so the surfaceview has not got onsurfacecreate and onsurfacechanged.