Can save, can't load

I get the follow message when i try reopen a saved “employees” file:

The document “Emp2” could not be opened. RaiseMan cannot open files in the “RaiseMan Doc” format.

I’ve looked through the messages posted on this subject and can’t see where I’m going wrong. Does anyone know what this message means?

PS. Xcode v 4.5.2

Matt,

Don’t know if you’re still struggling with this - I had a heck of a time tracking down what was going wrong in Xcode v4.6 yet.

The gist for me was that I had the launch services database looking for one identifier and the application using another. (I think I built it once with ‘com.bignerdranch.raiseman-doc’ identifier, and from then on using my own name as the identifier.) So I had to rebuild the launch services database.

The easiest way to find this out was to use the terminal command: mdls on a saved document that refused to be loaded by the application RaiseMan.app. This will show “kMDItemContentType” that should match settings in the Xcode’s UTI settings:

So in my case originally:
terminal> mdls Untitled.rsmn
… {content shortened to relevant portion}
kMDItemContentType = "com.bignerdranch.raiseman-doc"
kMDItemContentTypeTree = (
“com.bignerdranch.raiseman-doc”,
“public.data”,
“public.item”
)

and after fixing the problem (see below):

terminal> mdls Untitled.rsmn
kMDItemContentType = "com.myname.raiseman-doc"
kMDItemContentTypeTree = (
“com.myname.raiseman-doc”,
“public.data”,
“public.item”
)

1. To correct this problem:
    Rebuild the LaunchServices database (but be aware that this will knock out any filetypes not in the /Applications directory - see http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20031215144430486 for more)

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Everything was hunky dory from there. Hope this solves yours or anyone else’s problem who is having difficulty with the UTI thing.

**mdls usage found at the following URL (along with many other things UTI related):
http://juliuspaintings.co.uk/cgi-bin/paint_css/more_cocoa_examples/085-NSDocument-UTI-InfoPlist.pl

[quote]I get the follow message when i try reopen a saved “employees” file:

The document “Emp2” could not be opened. RaiseMan cannot open files in the “RaiseMan Doc” format.

I’ve looked through the messages posted on this subject and can’t see where I’m going wrong. Does anyone know what this message means?

PS. Xcode v 4.5.2

[/quote]