Can you mix/match support fragments with android fragments?

In implementing Criminal Intent I had no desire to develop code for anything before API 11 so I went with Android native fragments. However, it appears that to get Listing 11.4 to work you HAVE TO USE support.v4. Can I when the rest of the code is android fragments?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17553374/android-app-fragments-vs-android-support-v4-app-using-viewpager

Thanks.

I’ve tried to import v13 but Eclipse comes back with “unresolved”. How do I get it to be recognized? I havent been able to find info on how to do this. Right now I’m stuck since I cant continue with the book until I fix the problem I’m now having.

I don’t know. Maybe someone else does. At the beginning of the book I was thinking the same as you. I didn’t really see any need to support the older devices especially since the percentage of older devices has fallen dramatically since the book was written, but I made the decision to follow the book exactly as written since I am a beginner. I was afraid of running off into the weeds if I didn’t follow it exactly.

Anyway, I’m about halfway through the book and so far supporting the older devices has required little extra work so you might consider that as an option at least while you are still in the learning phase.

Thanks.
The book should probably emphasize that using support.v4 is really not optional. Early in the book it implies that it is.