Can't drag tableView outlet to the table view

Hi,
I follow the book to page 156, "Control-click on the File’s Owner. Drag to connect the tableView outlet to the table view and employController outlet to the array controller"
I can connect employController outlet to the array controller, but I can’t connect connect the tableView outlet to the table view. I can drag a line from the Fils’s Owner, but I can’t put it in table view. I can only put it in window.
How can I select table view?
Another issue is that the code in page 157 (in my case) has a compiler error: tableview can’t find a function named editColumn:row:withEvent:select: which is exist in document here developer.apple.com/library/mac … rence.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40004125 I am sure there is no typo error in my code.

Thanks,

Are you trying to connect the File’s Owner itself to the TableView object in IB?
You need to connect the File’s Owner TableView outlet to the TableView object.

If you are having difficulty pinpointing the TableView object itself in the window’s view hieararchy, you can try connecting to the TableView object shown in the Document Outline view (which can be revealed from the Editor menu.)

[quote=“ibex10”]
Are you trying to connect the File’s Owner itself to the TableView object in IB?
You need to connect the File’s Owner TableView outlet to the TableView object.

If you are having difficulty pinpointing the TableView object itself in the window’s view hieararchy, you can try connecting to the TableView object shown in the Document Outline view (which can be revealed from the Editor menu.)[/quote]

Yes, I have trived connect tableview in File’s Owner to the TableView in “document outlet”. I can selection both of them, but the I can’t connect them. I can’t explain why but may be that: in the MVC model, the File’s Owner is model, but the TableView is the view, model should be independent with view according to the design pattern of MVC. So I can’t connect the model to the view directly?

There is something wrong in my app, but I can’t find it out.