Can't see full screen in Xcode 5 iPhone simulator

Before I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Xcode 5 I had no problem with the Xcode simulators. The iPhone simulator looked like an iPhone not just the screen of the iPhone. Since I upgraded I can only see the screen of the iPhone in the simulator and cannot see the entire screen of Homepwner. I can only see the Value field. I can adjust the scale to 75% or 50% but that only reduces the size of the simulator and I still can only see the Value field. I’ve (attempted) to attach a screen shot. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

The preview didn’t show the screen shot so I assume it won’t show up and now I have another question. How do you attach an image? I copied the image to this text, highlighted it and clicked the Img button.

Okay, reading the FAQ, I know I can’t post images from my laptop. I also don’t have access to a publicly viewed web server so forget the image part in the post above.

I was able to get an image uploaded.

I get the same screen when running Homepwner on my iPhone 5. So, now it looks like it may be an Xcode 5 setting, maybe? I didn’t change any code, only upgraded to Xcode 5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your frustration isn’t unique. Xcode 5 uses iOS 7.0 as its base (wherein lies the ‘problem’).

It would be a good idea to download Xcode 4.6.3 from the developer site (if you have a developer account). If you’ve updated to Xcode 5 via the app store, your settings for Xcode 4.6 are still stored when you run Xcode 4.6 again:
https://developer.apple.com/xcode/ (Click View Downloads)

I’d suggest copying the app to your Desktop instead of Applications first. Rename it: Xcode => Xcode 4.6. Then drag it to Applications.

The 7.0 SDK changes way too much to try and band-aid your way through using this text. Tackle it after.

Thank you very much for your help. It solved my problem. I had a little difficulty with the XIB files. I recreated one in Xcode 4.6.3 before I discovered I could convert an XIB back to 4.6.3 from within Xcode 5. So, the second XIB was easy. I’m up and running again. Your help was much appreciated.