Chapter9: Application Crashes on loadView

Hi,

I’ve been having problems when setting itemsViewController as the RootViewController of the Homepwner project. The message I get is this:

2013-02-21 13:14:54.421 Homepwner[2052:11303] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘-[UIViewController _loadViewFromNibNamed:bundle:] loaded the “ItemsViewController” nib but the view outlet was not set.’

I’m puzzled because even the solution codes provided at this website throw the same exception.

Regards,

When you say the solution code throws the same exception, have you compiled the solution code as a whole or have you just copied and pasted some of it? The error suggests that there may be a problem with the way you are calling initWithNibName:bundle: so if you can paste the lines from your code that contain this message that will help me figure out what your problem may be.

[quote]*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘-[UIViewController _loadViewFromNibNamed:bundle:] loaded the “ItemsViewController” nib but the view outlet was [color=#FF0000]not set[/color].

I’m puzzled because even the solution codes provided at this website throw the same exception.
[/quote]
Make sure that ItemsViewController’s view outlet is connected to a view in the nib file.

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your suggestions. I have really appreciated it.
I have been working the chapters in the book in my MacBook Pro and I get this exception, It however works fine in my IMAC. I didn’t copy and paste ( at first :slight_smile: ) but compiled the solution’s project as a whole. I followed then the suggestion by ibex, created a ItemsViewController.xib added a UIView and UITableView. Then defined ItemsViewController as File’s Owner and the delegate to the UITableView and finally set the ItemsViewController’s view outlet to the view within the xib file.

I wonder why it had to be done in that way and not as the book suggested but the final result was the same.

Thanks,