Confused: Classes, delegates, methods, Frameworks

I have become quite confused as to what is going on. I’m trying to learn how to do iPhone programming in such a way that i can learn the concept of how to do something so i can apply it generally.

I need to understand how things look from a big picture point of view. Like a blueprint of how things fit together.

Take the CoreLocation framework for example: What is confusing is how do you decide what method or class needs to implement something? When i look at the reference documentation there exists:

• CLLocation class
  • CLLocationManager class
  • CLLocationManagerDelegate Protocol
  • CoreLocation Constants
  • CoreLocation Data Types

I don’t understand how it fits together and this was made apparent when i tried to do the challenges at the end of the chapter. I didn’t know where to start, what methods i should be looking to implement. Why the separation exists as it does.

There must be a certain thinking process (like a flow chart) that will help direct the way i should go about tackling this problem and also understand how this all fits together.

Is there anyone who can help me out there please?

Thanks

OK, maybe i can ask a further question that might be easier to answer.

From my research of the Core Location Framework, im starting to see some things.

1. Am i correct in thinking that the Core Location Constants, are just a compiled list of constants that are actually in the Core Location classes? If so, why in CLLocationManager class, there is a constant called CLAuthorizationStatus, but that is not in Core Location Constants listing?

I’m simply trying to work out how the documentation is put together so i know how to use it in coding. If someone could point me in the right direction here or breakdown how it works/fits together then i can continue with the book. As it stands, i’m confused and can’t carry on.

Thanks