Deploying - each time?

Do you have to deploy each individual application using the Provisioning Assistant? I assume so.

You can create a provisioning profile with the App ID set as com.yourcompany.* and use that for development.

If you’re provisioning for release on the store or for beta distribution, then that’s a new profile for each with a full App ID instead of the * (wildcard) at the end.

[quote=“MarkReid”]You can create a provisioning profile with the App ID set as com.yourcompany.* and use that for development.

If you’re provisioning for release on the store or for beta distribution, then that’s a new profile for each with a full App ID instead of the * (wildcard) at the end.[/quote]

In my first try, I tried to provision for a company name for testing with “com. [company name]” and it wouldn’t let me use that name for the application. As soon as I typed “com.” the field turned red (Apple for, “nope”).

Did you manage to create one at all? You need to make sure it has no spaces in the name, a bit like a URL in reverse. You also need to end what you had the first time with a “." so it would read like this "com.mygreatcompany.” which means you can use it to test any app. In the Info.plist for the app you can then put “com.mygreatcompany.appname” where appname can be anything you like.

Did you manage to create one at all? You need to make sure it has no spaces in the name, a bit like a URL in reverse. You also need to end what you had the first time with a “." so it would read like this "com.mygreatcompany.” which means you can use it to test any app. In the Info.plist for the app you can then put “com.mygreatcompany.appname” where appname can be anything you like.[/quote]

Yes, I created one. Beyond that, “Doh!”

There should be a provisioning profile Xcode automatically creates with the "" App ID (not com.mycompany., simply *) that you should use for development.

Well, I plugged up my iPhone to the laptop that has XCode on it, and XCode asked, “Do you want to use that 4S for testing?” Duh, yes. That’s all it took. I can put anything on it for testing purposes. :unamused: Like most things Apple – they make it so obviously easy that it’s not always obvious.