Different project windows?

Excuse the question from a newbie, but when I “Open” a project by either double-clicking an Xcode project file or opening an existing one through the File menu, I get project window that is different from the one shown in the book.

It has “Page Overview Action Breakpoints Build and Run Tasks Info” labelled buttons or selectors. (The overview selects to “Debug” and “Release”.

How do I get out of this and back to the Project Window shown in the book (and in most of the Apple Documentation)?

Just trying to follow along.

Thx

Oh, I get the “regular” project window if I start a new project thru the finder.

[quote=“jcedman”]Excuse the question from a newbie, but when I “Open” a project by either double-clicking an Xcode project file or opening an existing one through the File menu, I get project window that is different from the one shown in the book.

It has “Page Overview Action Breakpoints Build and Run Tasks Info” labelled buttons or selectors. (The overview selects to “Debug” and “Release”.

How do I get out of this and back to the Project Window shown in the book (and in most of the Apple Documentation)?

Just trying to follow along.

Thx

Oh, I get the “regular” project window if I start a new project thru the finder.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean by “regular” project window. Are you talking about where you type your code? There are so many different windows, it’s hard to tell which.

Do you see the project “drawer”? I mean the panel to the left hand side. It shows you your project files, as well as breakpoints, and other options. If you don’t see this, you can open it by clicking the left-most in the “View” splitbutton. You’ll find that on the top right of your Xcode window. Once you have the left pane open, it has navigation on the top of it represented by different icons. The left-most icon, the folder icon, you can get a list of your files. If you click on any code file, that will show you the actual code editor.

Does that help you?

Nevermind.

I figured this out about an hour after I posted. I had both Xcode 3.2.5 and Xcode 4.3.2 on my machine. For some reason, it was launching 3.2.5 by the methods I described into some project window I still don’t recognize. After removing 3.2.5, the problem was solved.

Thanks.