Do I need an developer account for this book?

Hi

I’m doing the chapter 4 Delegation and Core Location, When I build and run, the console prints out “server did not accept client registration 68”. Do I need to test it on an actual device?

i too had faced problem in chapter 4.

if you are running it on simulator then add following code in "WhereamiAppDelegate.m"
just before the @implementation WhereamiAppDelegate statement

[i]@implementation CLLocationManager (TemporaryHack)

• (void)hackLocationFix
    {
    CLLocation *location = [[CLLocation alloc] initWithLatitude:22 longitude:-50];
    [[self delegate] locationManager:self didUpdateToLocation:location fromLocation:nil];
    }
  • (void)startUpdatingLocation
    {
    [self performSelector:@selector(hackLocationFix) withObject:nil afterDelay:0.1];
    }
    @end[/i]

if you go for paid membership, then you wont have much problem. u can run programs directly on your iPhone/iPad. i have finished chapter 5, but getting unexpected result. i am not paid member & i am running it on simulator.

[quote=“imsachinraut”]i too had faced problem in chapter 4.

if you are running it on simulator then add following code in "WhereamiAppDelegate.m"
just before the @implementation WhereamiAppDelegate statement

I’ve tried this and other hacks from other places to get the app to work on simulator under Xcode 4.1 with no success. Just thought I’d let others know in case they are having the same problems.

Fred