Errata

This may be Errata or it may just be me making a mistake somewhere.

Page 76: “The line to which you are taken is the first use of the mQuestionTextView variable, inside updateQuestion().”

The line I was taken to was NOT inside updateQuestion. It was the first line of setting up the onClickListener for mQuestionTextView.

mQuestionTextView.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {

EDIT: I just realized that this is because I continued off the Challenge questions from chapter two. It may be nice to make a note somewhere (unless I missed it?) to NOT continue working through the book off of projects that you used to complete challenge questions with.

Thanks!

D’oh! We had intended to throw in a little passage along those lines. Yes, if you’re doing the challenges, you must expect to be flying solo a bit more than you would otherwise.

We have people do it both ways, by the way - starting fresh after doing a challenge, and working off of their challenge. You can do it either way.

PAGE 93

(By the way, if you are allergic to GUIs, you do not have to use the layout wizard. You can just create
a new file named [color=#FF0000]fragment_crime.xml [/color]in the res/layout directory and then refresh the res/layout
folder so that Eclipse finds it. This is true for most of the Eclipse wizards. Feel free to create XML
files and Java class files however you normally would. The new Android application wizard is the only
wizard you cannot avoid.)

Should read [color=#008000]activity_quiz.xml[/color].

PAGE 94

Listing 5.2 Filling out second activity’s layout (activity_cheat.xml)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Should read
android:text="@string/[color=#008000]warning_text[/color]" />