Error when navigating to the BNRDetailViewController

I’m following the book and the code. One page 203, one is instructed to run. I get the following error.
2014-05-09 22:29:08.080 Homepwner[30460:60b] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘-[UIViewController _loadViewFromNibNamed:bundle:] loaded the “BNRDetailViewController” nib but the view outlet was not set.’

I searched Stackoverflow and found that I needed to connect the view. I did that. Is that necessary? Ddi I miss that in the instructions?
I can send a screenshot. I tried to insert one here with the img tag but it did not work.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ah, let’s walk though the error message. Here’s the key part: [quote]loaded the “BNRDetailViewController” nib but the view outlet was not set[/quote].

This is saying that the BNRDetailViewController XIB was loaded, but the view controller’s view property (outlet) was not set. Remember that every UIViewController has a view that it manages and that has to be set up for the view controller to display anything.

The solution is to open BNRDetailViewController.xib in your project, and Control-drag from the File’s Owner to the background, root level view. You should be able to select “view”. Now when the BNRDetailViewController is loaded at run time, it’ll know what its view should be.

I followed directions from Stackoverflow to do that. I am still getting the error.
Here is a screen shot.
dropbox.com/s/i5sktvr5d9y7h … .06.32.png
I set the view outlet.

Thanks for your input. I am trying to go throughly through the book and do the coding as instructed. I appreciate your help.

Try deleting it from the simulator and cleaning the project. Also confirm that the view outlet is hooked up to the root level view in the XIB. Let me know if you’re still getting the error after doing all of that. :-/

Reset Content and Settings… on the Simulator did it. Thanks for your help.