I knew this was going to be killer. I have been warned. But I tried anyway.
- I just activated myself on the Developer portal - paid the $99 plus taxes
- Plugged in my iPhone, gave my Apple portal developer credentials
- Through the Devices Tab on Organizer it seemed to connect to Apple and get a bunch of certificates
- Tried to build to my iPhone and got errors
- Went back portal and ran the Development Provisioning Assitant
- I called my provisioing profile 'Dales_First_Quiz_Provisioning_Profile.mobileprovision’ and drag and dropped it into the ‘Provisioning Profiles’ section under my iPhone device in Organizer
- I followed all the instructions in the assistant
No matter what I try I still get build failures with the same error over and over:
Then based on some googling I got the bright idea to put the name of my provisioning profile into the ‘Bundle Identifier’ section of the Quiz-info.plist file and got this error:
The authors (somewhat understandably) punted under the Deploying an Application section saying:
OK, got it. But for years now I’ve been reading about how this is one of the hardest processes to figure out. And having just spent 3 agonizing and fruitless hours on this I really have no idea what I’m doing or where to go.
If anyone knows of any resources online that can show us step by step what the heck we need to do here using the current version of xCode to get our test apps sent to an iPhone for testing, please provide the link. I really feel likeI’ve hit a wall.
I’m not even sure if we need a different provisioning profile or certificate or whatever for every single test app we make. Or is there a generic set of profiles/certificates/keys we can use to deploy test app after test app to a given iPhone. That’s what I want to do with all the various learning apps that I’ll be working on as I go through the book.
Many thanks for any help you can give.