Hi I’m posting this topic to hopefully get some more eyes on this problem. I’ve been trying to figure this out for over a week, none of the solutions I’ve seen on the web seem to be working.
As soon as I create a new android project, there are two errors, both “R cannot be resolved to a variable.” A few of the solutions I’ve heard about that aren’t working:
- There are no other errors. Anywhere. Like I said, this happens AS SOON AS i open a new project.
- I’ve updated the SDK and ADT. and restarted everything.
- I don’t have any illegal characters in layout xml file name.
- I don’t have an import android.R line.
- I’ve tried to clean the project.
- I’ve tried to uncheck and recheck automatic build. And done a manual build.
- I’ve gone into Project Properties -> Java Build Path -> Order and Export and made sure Android Private Libraries is checked, and then cleaning and building.
Very much want to work through what looks like a great book for learning android programming, but my software won’t let me get past the first chapter! Very frustrating! I really really really appreciate any help!