How to make a .xib file in an empty project to be shown

what are the steps and codes that makes a .xib file appear once an application lunches?
Lets say I create an empty application and I add a .xib file… how I can get that xib file to appear once the app did finish lunching?
I followed a single view application codes and files but it just wont run the xib file.

---------- Update ------------
Well :frowning: the question is awkward now, Chapter 7 already explain everything. I asked the question too fast but the link to youtube’s video down there is also another method of doing that :sunglasses:

An .xib file does not appear, only the root (top) view in it does after a view controller loads the xib file.
After an application launches, you can load an xib file that you have created.
To do this, you create a view controller, make it the owner of the xib file, and connect its view outlet to a view (which becomes the top view) in the xib file.

You should read these references:

• View Controller Programming Guide for iOS
  • View Controller Catalog for iOS

An .xib file does not appear, only the root (top) view in it does after a view controller loads the xib file.
After an application launches, you can load an xib file that you have created.
To do this, you create a view controller, make it the owner of the xib file, and connect its view outlet to a view (which becomes the top view) in the xib file.

You should read these references:

• View Controller Programming Guide for iOS
  • View Controller Catalog for iOS[/quote]

Hey, Tnx for reply
I followed everything you mentioned, Question: In single View Application there is a “view” outlet that .xib file is linked to through file’s owner, where does that Outlet defined ? coz I cannot see it in ViewController or App Delegate…

That outlet is buried deep inside the view controller and you don’t need to see it. If you need the corresponding view, you can ask the view controller for it.

Well I found an answer for that, I will share it so everyone can use
These are steps :
Make File’s owner an Instance of UIApplication
Add an Object to .xib file and make it an Instance of the App Delegate (You won’t need ViewController Currently)
Make your window a delegate and set the property of window in app delegate as an Outlet and link it to the window in xib file (ctrl + click and Drag).
Project Summary set the main interface to the .xib file’s name.

Here is the source : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sROdA4w4x9Y