How to start with the book and iOS if you are totally new

Hi,
I am totally new to the programming and iOS development. I have bought iOS Programming 5th Edition along with Swift programming but I am running into problems. I am following the iOS programming chapter wise but frankly I feel like I am at sea. Whenever I face problems with Swift also I go through the Swift Programming book. But is there a way out to make the journey a bit smoother (I had also enquired bout video lectures but unfortunately they are not available as of now).

[quote]
I am totally new to the programming and iOS development. I have bought iOS Programming 5th Edition along with Swift programming but I am running into problems. I am following the iOS programming chapter wise but frankly I feel like I am at sea.[/quote]
In my opinion, that’s because iOS programming is an intermediate to advanced topic in the field of computer programming. That is, it’s hard for experienced programmers to learn. For an introduction to computer programming, I suggest you get a beginning book on python. All is not lost, though, because once you get up to speed with python and classes, you can use the python kivy library to produce cross-platform iPhone apps: informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2170160. After a year of programming with python, if you are still interested in iOS programming then give it another shot.

I think PluralSight https://www.pluralsight.com/search?q=swift&categories=all has video tutorials for Swift. It’s a paid service, but you can get a month’s free trial.

I jumped into iOS completely new to programming as well. It is a steep learning curve but possible. I’m going through the advanced Swift Big Nerd Ranch book and it’s challenging definitely. Just do all the exercises and try your best with the challenges. Documentation is your best friend and Treehouse has a bunchhh of interactive videos for all levels of iOS programmers which really helped starting out. Goodluck and keep going! (: