Is this book appropriate for the neophyte to programming

Hey All,

Im not sure if this is the right forum to pose this question, but I am a complete neophyte to programming who has been tasked with learning how to write iphone apps. Would this be a good place to start for someone who has never coded in any language, or do I need to go even more basic? I am an educated guy (Im a doc), but have no background in computer science.

Thanks in advance,

-S

So far with the Obj-C Programming book I am able to make some connections with the code because of the way it is set up. I am more use to javascript since I am going to school for Web Design and Development. I have bought other books in the pass couple of years so I could get my feet wet with Objective-C and all of them I could not get past the first couple of chapters. I don’t know why the Big Nerd Ranch book is different but for the first time I am able to see results with the little bit of programming knowledge I do have. I say buy the book and you might be surprised on how far you get. Also you will hit the wall at some point but that is all normal when trying to learn a new language.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Yes. While any programming book would be challenging for someone with very little or no experience, it is designed to be approachable by anyone. Be sure to make use of the excellent community here to help you answer any questions that may come up during your journey. Cheers!