Map not loading

Ok, with all the fuss out there about the ios 6 maps, I figured I would see if I’m the only one with this issue. Everything compiles and loads correctly, until I test it on my ipad. There it seems to zoom to the wrong location (emphasis on the seems) and I cannot see down to street level. If I back out the first time I can see anything is at the whole country level. Is this a ios 6 maps issue or could this be a coding issue? I’m leaning towards ios 6 considering that it works fine when I test it on the simulator. Any thoughts?

I’m about to start this chapter but wanted to know what changes have occurred? Should I even start it? Good to see it compiles still and runs. However, you have an issue and not sure if its coding or changes to iOS 6. I’m going to start searching for anything about what changes occurred to the MapKit. I’ll post what I find assuming its good information.

I was hoping the guys behind the book might be able to give us an update or insight into the changes. Hopefully we don’t have to wait for the next book…

Since I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 the WhereAmI app blows up whenever I attempt to swtich views. It worked perfectly fine under iOS 5. Since I’m further ahead I haven’t gone back to try to understand why but I strongly suggest that moving from Google maps to Apple maps have broken it.