MVCS vs NSFetchedResultsController

I understand some fo the benefits of MVCS, but I’ve recently heard about the NSFetchedResultsController and the methods that Apple provides " to efficiently manage the results returned from a Core Data fetch request to provide data for a UITableView object." I’ve played a little bit with it and it does makes things easier, even though you need to pass the ManagedObjectContext around.
I’m starting a new app and I’ll be using CoreData. Later, I might move away from CoreData to have all the data in a central location so I’d be using web services to connect to the backend. Considering this, using a Store sounds like a good idea, but I don’t know if it’s the best idea.

Since the book is a little old I need to ask all of you who have more experience, is it still a good idea to use the MVCS method/pattern?
What’s the most common way people manage CoreData?
Would it be a good idea to use MVCS + NSFetchedResultsController?

I have the exact same question. Too bad nobody from BNR has replied. I am trying to find a way to incorporate NSFetchedResultsController to the MVCS but it’s kinda hard. I read in some other post that with the NSFetchedResultsController approach, the “Store” is considered as a subset of the “Model”. So maybe using Class Extensions to our Core Data NSManagedObject classes to handle the queries and data additions can be considered similar to the idea of a Store? The code for the store class will be spread out on many categories (class extensions) basically (at least that’s how I see it), removing the benefit of a single place to debug / manage code. I like the idea of the singleton store, but then again I can’t seem to find a way to mix both concepts.

Anyhow, hope BNR gurus can reply this newbie inquiry…

Thanks!