Need to Inject HTML into Body tag of WKWebView

Hello,

I have a WKWebView that loads a defaultSummary.html file. It’s pretty basic. Before it loads, I need to somehow replace the contents of the “” tag with new custom HTML data.

Any assistance appreciated.

defaultSummary.html:

Summary Preview

</head>
    <body id="summary-body">

REPLACE THIS WITH CUSTOM DATA

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="width:100%"><tbody><tr><td>STrength</td><td>Weakness</td></tr><tr><td>wqfef</td><td>fqefqe</td></tr><tr><td>qfwqw</td><td>qfqfw</td></tr><tr><td>qfwqwf</td><td>qwfqwfqfw</td></tr></tbody></table>

</body>
</html>

Hello guys,

I figured it out.

Below is my code. I added multiple scripts to test that you could change the previous added data, and you can.

-(void)setupWebViewInView:(UIView *)view {

/// test - start

NSString *sourceTest = @"var summarybody = document.body; \
    summarybody.innerHTML = '<strong>FRESH</strong> <div id=\"testarea\">TEST-1-2-3</div>'; \
    summarybody.style.background = \"#777\";";
    WKUserScript *test = [[WKUserScript alloc] initWithSource:sourceTest injectionTime:WKUserScriptInjectionTimeAtDocumentEnd forMainFrameOnly:YES];

NSString *sourceTestArea = @"var area = document.getElementById('testarea'); \
    area.innerHTML = '<strong>TEST-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8</strong>';";
    WKUserScript *testArea = [[WKUserScript alloc] initWithSource:sourceTestArea injectionTime:WKUserScriptInjectionTimeAtDocumentEnd forMainFrameOnly:YES];

// test - end

// Javascript that disables pinch-to-zoom by inserting the HTML viewport meta tag into <head>
    // This helps the CKEditor load with proper scale
    NSString *source = @"var meta = document.createElement('meta'); \
    meta.name = 'viewport'; \
    meta.content = 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no'; \
    var head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];\
    head.appendChild(meta);";
    WKUserScript *script = [[WKUserScript alloc] initWithSource:source injectionTime:WKUserScriptInjectionTimeAtDocumentEnd forMainFrameOnly:YES];

// Create the user content controller and add the script to it
    WKUserContentController *userContentController = [[WKUserContentController alloc]init];
    [userContentController addUserScript:script];
    [userContentController addUserScript:test];
    [userContentController addUserScript:testArea];

// Create the configuration with the user content controller
    WKWebViewConfiguration *configuration = [[WKWebViewConfiguration alloc]init];
    configuration.userContentController = userContentController;

CGRect webViewFrame = CGRectMake(0, 0, view.frame.size.width, view.frame.size.height);

// Create the web view with the configuration
    self.webView = [[WKWebView alloc] initWithFrame:webViewFrame configuration:configuration];

self.webView.navigationDelegate = self;
    [view addSubview: self.webView];

}