Newbie in Objective-c with 2 questions

Hi,

I´m newbie in Objective-c, i come from Arduino and want to learn programming for mac, i have some base of C. I love this book, i have buy the french version. I have two little questions:

• In the page 34 of chapter 5 FUNCTIONS, they talk about standard libraries, i know about <stdio.h> and <unistd.h> but where i can see for others standard libraries like this ones?
  • After finishing this book, i want continue learning about programming for mac but can you tell me what is the next step (Book?) for this.

Also this forum is very helpful for me, when i finnish each chapter i come here and i try resolve some of doubt of users by myself. I want to say thank you for your help and for this forum.

[quote]- After finishing this book, i want continue learning about programming for mac but can you tell me what is the next step (Book?) for this.
[/quote]
Cocoa® Programming for Mac® OS X (4th Edition) (There might be a new edition coming out soon.)

Do you mean how you can discover more functions in those libraries? If so, you can get the manual page for a function, then in the SEE ALSO section near the end you can see a list of related functions.

For example:
If you run the command man malloc (or man 3 malloc) from the command line, you will see something like this:

Or man stdio:

To get the manual page for close(2), run the command man 2 close

Hi,

Thank you for your help, do you know when the book is coming out?

About the libraries is nice and good help to discover definitions of standard functions, i also have found a cheat sheet for c programming with a resume of this information, i think is very helpful for newbie like me.

Once again thank you for your help:)