No Window Based application

I’m starting chapter one. I found where instructions were given for making the app work without a Window Based application but I don’t know which application to choose when I create the app. Also, instructions were given for creating a xib from templates, I can’t find any templates.

Never mind, I found where to create window template.

This looks like it could be the 4.2 version of Xcode. They changed a lot of names and other stuff in the interface. Glad it worked out. I ended up uninstalling 4.2 and went to 4.1…

bbray6744, where did you find creating a window template in Xcode 4.2?

[quote=“bbray6744”]
bbray6744, where did you find creating a window template in Xcode 4.2?[/quote]

You can use Single View Application in Xcode 4.2, but there are other problems to overcome with 4.2 since many things changed between 4.1 and 4.2. I tried 4.2 and could not figure out where to create the code in some cases. Still working on a solution to using 4.2 since 4.1 has some bugs with GPS on the simulator, which prevents some of the book code from working. No easy solution.

Fred

The Big Nerd Ranch guys have created a template to use for a Window Based Application. Here is thread: http://forums.bignerdranch.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=3336