NSFormatter exception

Hi,

Whenever I change the color in the color well or define a new color in the textfield, TypingTutor crashes on the mainthread “objc_memmove_collectable”.

Console does not log anything, only in the Debug Navigator where it says;

CoreFoundation `_CFArrayReplaceValues:

with the address;

0x7fff8ad20f1b: movq %rdx, -2176(%rbp) … Thread 1:EXC_BAD_ACCESS(code=2, address=0x7fff5f3fffe0)

There are NO syntactical error whatsoever. I am on Xcode 4.6.2 on OS X 10.8.3

Can you help isolate the cause?

Thanks

Make sure that you are not accessing or releasing an object that has already been released.

I bought the book with the hope of porting my app to OS X platform and by employing deductive approach to the matter. I’ve reach p344 without hitting the wall till I reach p 345.
There were few hiccups along the way but was able to figure out couple of typos here and there and able to compile and build the project.
Although, I must say the NSTimer in TypingTutor isn’t working for me either, I am disappointed by Adam’s lack of interest in responding to this insidious error…
// =========================================================================
Re: Bindings Inspector
by AdamPreble » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:06 pm
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I haven’t figured out a pattern to it, so I mostly ignore the error indicator there.
Adam
AdamPreble
Site Admin

Re: Bindings Inspector
by lood339 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm
I have the same problem. Because the elapsedTime is not recognized by the binder, the NSProgressIndicator has no response to the timer.
I think it will be a big problem if the binder doesn’t work
// =========================================================================

I am following the code in the book and if there are typos or syntactical error, I try figure them out and hopefully correct them. However, learning, for me, (which was the prime goal why the book was written) is writing the code and learn from or deducing from the written code. I do not expect to be spoon fed as we the readers should do our fair shares of learning. If there were an assumed errors from the book, then the authors are expected to help their customer base to determine the cause (whether its due to the person writing the code or the code presented from the book).

Granted Aaron and Adam did their best to publish this book (and kudos to them) and it is beyond their absolute control for all the typos, they should nevertheless help those who are in need of help. And may I remind everybody that this is textbook not a novel series book costing few dollars.

Maybe Adam can pitch in and frankly I expect him to.

With Respect