Pace of live class & reading the book

I think I read that the book is based on the live training class. Given that situation, is it reasonable to read the entire book and do the examples within a similar timespan? I would like to go at a pace that suits me although I have a tendency to spend a lot of time on the minor details which means I would finish the book around this time next year :smiley: (not so good. I need a job lol). What has worked for others–new Android developers and experienced alike? I’m just curious how others have set the pace for studying Android using this book.

Our live class goes through almost the entire book in 36 hours over 4 and a half days, taking time to do all the exercises.

That’s a pretty ridiculous pace. For most folks, it isn’t going to be possible without a great learning environment - an expert to ask questions, a distraction-free place to work, some healthy peer pressure, and judicious break time. If you can find some of those things for yourself, you’ll find it makes the work of learning much easier.

If I were in your shoes, I would go to my public library.

(Now that I think about it, maybe I should go there in my own shoes, too.)

Wow. 36 hours?! I’d be brain dead at that pace lol! Thanks for the insight about the live class. It’s really going to help me approach the book in smaller, reasonable chunks now that I understand how the live class was able to get through the content so quickly.