Quick question on section "Getting the data at an address"

This should probably be horribly obvious to me but…

In this section towards the bottom of the section it is written:

"Now let’s make a common programming mistake. Remove the * from the fourth line of main() so that it reads

addresOfI = 89;

Notice Xcode pops up a warning that says Incompatible integer to pointer conversion assigning to ‘int *’ to ‘int’. Fix the problem."

The only “fix” for the problem I can think of is putting the * back in front of addressOfI. Is this what was intended for me to figure out?

Like I said, I just know that someones gonna pop in here with an answer that is gonna make me slap myself on the forehead so hard there will be a mark left for a week, but, please help!

This chapter seems to be causing great confusion for me.

Yes, I think the best fix is to put the * back in.

This reminds me of something: I have noticed the error when I was reading the book but I forgot all about it.

to ‘int *’[color=#FF0000] to [/color] ‘int’ should be ‘to int *’[color=#FF0000] from [/color] ‘int’.

Thank you. I thought so but my mind just kept saying “No… that can’t be it, you just not being smart enough.”

[quote=“ibex10”][quote]
Notice Xcode pops up a warning that says Incompatible integer to pointer conversion assigning to ‘int *’[color=#FF0000] to [/color] ‘int’. Fix the problem."
[/quote]
This reminds me of something: I have noticed the error when I was reading the book but I forgot all about it.

to ‘int *’[color=#FF0000] to [/color] ‘int’ should be ‘to int *’[color=#FF0000] from [/color] ‘int’.[/quote]

Yeah, I felt like that should be different. From makes a lot more since.

Haha. My brain was rattling trying to figure this out. Thanks.