Quiz App - Simulator terminates on Build & Debug

After completing the steps to create the Quiz App in Chapter 1, I clicked on Build & Debug. The simulator opened up, the app installed and the simulator shows a black screen (with the gray status bar on top, including batter life and carrier signal). It freezes on that screen, never showing the Quiz app.

I looked on the debugger console and it said the following:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘NSException’

That’s followed by:

Program received signal: “SIGABRT”.

In the build results window, it says the build succeeded with no issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

To add to my previous post, at the top of the debugger console is the following message:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘Could not load NIB in bundle: ‘NSBundle </Users/*****/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/4.0.2/Applications/5DA6793C-7DE5-4881-800B-936F05FFFE12/Quiz.app> (loaded)’ with name ‘MainWindow’’

I was able to solve the issue. I was running iOS SDK 4.0.2, then updated to 4.1 and went back through the tutorial. This time the app displayed on the simulator, as described in the text.

Is it possible the issue was related to simply updating to the latest version of the SDK? I’d love to think it’s not as simple as that, but maybe it is :slight_smile: