Release date?

When will the ebook version be released? I’ve been waiting for it for a few months now. InformIT is showing that it’ll come out today, but so far it’s still not available :unamused:

amazon.com/iOS-Programming-R … N7CJV8GS51

yh, it’s showing 15th july. but the date keeps changing. Like I said, I’ve been waiting for months now and every time, the date is pushed back…

informit.com/store/product.a … 0132757044
eBook (Watermarked)
Available: Jun 28, 2011

Of course, when I ordered on 6/12, it was showing a ship date of 6/10.

[quote=“kimery”]http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0132757044
eBook (Watermarked)
Available: Jun 28, 2011

Of course, when I ordered on 6/12, it was showing a ship date of 6/10.[/quote]

exactly, it keeps changing. All I ask for is a PROPER release date that will NOT change.

InformIT even cancelled my order as I was waiting so long for it. Had to reorder which I’m now regretting

Took days to reply to my “it shows as available in my account page, but errors trying to download” support request. They responded, with “we had IT fix it.” – that translated to another date change.

Guess electrons are harder to arrange than plant fibers.

yep, they seem to take ages to respond to tickers ;/

I doubt we’ll see it today ;/

the sad thing is, no one from big nerd ranch cares to comment on this

To be fair, I doubt that BNR has a whole lot of influence on the business practices of the informit.com website.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and yes, we have zero control over what these sites say in terms of release and ship dates.

I actually got my iOS Programming, 2nd edition today (yay for me!)

However, the solutions link gives me a 404 error…

bignerdranch.com/solutions/i … amming.zip doesn’t exist.

Not a big deal, I can move on and I’ve added icons before from the last book (although, I didn’t get through it all because iOS 4 and Xcode 4 made it too difficult)

that’s true, but they at least know if the ebook version is ready/will be ready next week/ month/ year / or wot ever…

I doubth informIT is holding the ebook back, as they released plenty of books and ebooks (of the same book ofcouse) at the same time… the only reason it’s not released, is because they have not received it… hence why I ask for a date from big nerd ranch, since they should know exactly what is going on with their book. If not that’s some big mess right here. No offense to anyone, but my patience is running out with this

The solutions are now up.

Sorry for the delays on the Kindle version. Once again, we never told them it was okay to put up that date. The files for the kindle version are being sent in today, so hopefully very soon. We’re just as frustrated as you are.

[quote=“JoeConway”]The solutions are now up.

Sorry for the delays on the Kindle version. Once again, we never told them it was okay to put up that date. The files for the kindle version are being sent in today, so hopefully very soon. We’re just as frustrated as you are.[/quote]

thanks for the update

Thanks for uploading the solutions, however I still can’t locate the resource files (such as the icons and images)

I’m looking for Icon.png and Icon@2x.png to use for the application icon. Chapter 1 says it should be in a resource directory, but I didn’t even see them under the Quiz directory once I unzipped the file.

[quote=“dpav02”]Thanks for uploading the solutions, however I still can’t locate the resource files (such as the icons and images)

I’m looking for Icon.png and Icon@2x.png to use for the application icon. Chapter 1 says it should be in a resource directory, but I didn’t even see them under the Quiz directory once I unzipped the file.[/quote]

They are in a folder at the same level as the chapter folders:

cd IOSsolutions/Solutions
ls
Chapter1 Quiz
Chapter13 Homepwner
    [extra folders removed for brevity - Sam]
Resources

ls Resources Default.png Hypno@2x.png Icon.png Icon@2x.png Layers.m4v Music.mp3 Sound12.aif Time@2x.png joeeye.jpg

• Sam

Yes, the first version that went up was missing them. Download them again, and it’ll be there.

any idea if the epub/pdf version has been sent in yet?

I would also like to know that cinek2. I purchased the eBook from Informit, emailed them twice asking for a date but still no response. It says on their site the eBook will be available on the 28th June. I bet if I check my bank balance Informit debited my account instantly, I’m sure that part of their website works exceedingly well! :laughing:

glad I’m not the only one. Just to update everyone who is in the same boat as me. I got an email 3 hours ago from informIT cs that the ebook is now available, and I should contact them if it’s not showing up on my account, which I did, and still can’t download it nor did I get another reply. I think guys from big nerd ranch should conider moving away from informit as their support is the worst I’ve ever experienced. I guess we won’t see the ebook untill monday now if not later.

if anyone else here isn’t too happy about informit customer service etc, you can complain here: pearsonwbl.edexcel.com/Aboutus/c … /home.aspx Not sure if you’ll get anywhere, but its worth a try. I have just emailed them.