Res/menu/activity_crime.xml does not exist

Hi everyone,

I was following the book and got up to the point where we delete and add the strings in res/values/strings.xml. At this point, however, there was a Settings instead of “menu_settings”. Also, there was no res/many/activity_crime.xml in the res folder; only the crime.xml was there. Does anyone know what problem there is with my code? It seems like I am missing something important, but even after creating new projects over and over again, I can’t seem to find the solution …

There appears to be a lack of support with the Android forum compared to the iOS forum.

I have also come across this issue, so thought it was a typo and deleted the only file in res/menu which was menu_crime.xml.

I now get the following error when building the project: [quote]Error:(25, 23) error: cannot find symbol variable action_settings[/quote]

If I don’t delete this file I get the following error: [quote]Error:(6, 26) No resource found that matches the given name (at ‘title’ with value ‘@string/action_settings’).[/quote]