Source Code Attribution For Public Open Source Repositories

Hello,

I’m really enjoying the book so far. I’m planning on publishing the source code alongside my first Android application when it’s ready to GitHub (or some other public OSS repository). I’m planning on using SingleFragmentActivity and activity_fragment verbatim from your example in the book like the exercises do to follow a similar architecture as your examples. How should your code be attributed to Big Nerd Ranch? Specifically, what type of licensing model do you use (e.g. Apache, MIT)? Ultimately, I’d like to give credit where it’s due and am not sure the best way.

Thanks again for the great work!

All of the code/solutions from the book is under the Apache 2.0 license. Feel free to use it as you please!

In your solutions zip for the third edition you provide the Apache 2 license with all the projects, but a critical part is missing:

Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]

Shouldn’t that be filled in, and should we fill in the same when we publish our source code for the book? @cstewart

Yea, you’re right. I work to get that filled in next time we make a release of the solutions.