Storyboard Vs no storyboard

Hi,

I was planning to buy the 5th edition since I want to learn with Swift, but when I’m going through the book samples, I found the apps are written with storyboard. But in previous version with objective C the book uses very little storyboard. Any reasons for the switch?

Thanks in advance

[quote]But in previous version with objective C the book uses very little storyboard. Any reasons for the switch?
[/quote]
I’m guessing that if a new book doesn’t use the newest features in iOS/Xcode, then people will buy another book that will teach them the latest technology

I would have liked some mention of the fact that storyboards are now widely used in the book, perhaps in the “What has Changed in the Fifth Edition” section. The previous edition only covered them briefly and was highly critical of them. I suppose it’s a case of having to bow to the inevitable since Apple is pushing them so hard, but I still felt that there should have been some acknowledgment of a change in philosophy.

Hmm…interesting. Thanks for making me aware of this issue. I plan to do the following tutorial at some point:

weheartswift.com/remove-sto … m-project/

which goes over how to create an app without using storyboards.