UI Flexibility?

This chapter talks about UI flexibility and hints at the possibility of displaying two fragments at the same time, for devices (like tablets) that could also run the app. For example there is Figure 7.2 Ideal list-detail interface for phone and tablet that shows why we are using Fragments in the first place and both Fragments displayed at the same time.

However, the chapter ends with the general discussion and doesn’t show how we would actually do this. Having finished Chapter 13, and looking at the TOC for the book, I am now wondering if this will be covered.

So, this is a barbed question. Wouldn’t chapter 7 have been the place to show how you would design an app (create the different view layouts and code) to run on different devices?

Thanks.

[quote=“RickDroid”]This chapter talks about UI flexibility and hints at the possibility of displaying two fragments at the same time, for devices (like tablets) that could also run the app. For example there is Figure 7.2 Ideal list-detail interface for phone and tablet that shows why we are using Fragments in the first place and both Fragments displayed at the same time.

However, the chapter ends with the general discussion and doesn’t show how we would actually do this. Having finished Chapter 13, and looking at the TOC for the book, I am now wondering if this will be covered.

So, this is a barbed question. Wouldn’t chapter 7 have been the place to show how you would design an app (create the different view layouts and code) to run on different devices?

Thanks.[/quote]

I believe chapter 22, Two-Pane Master-Detail Interfaces