UIDatePicker Question

For some reason my reminder date that is showing up as logged is not the same that I am picking in the UIDatePicker. It is logging a date that is 6 hrs ahead of what the interface says I am picking. How is this possible and what am I missing? thanks in advance for any help!

It’s just the default behavior (put the UTC instead of your local time)… But no worries, this won’t happen when your App is up and running :wink:

Thanks Dave. That is good to know.

I did this to make my log output in sync with the app:

NSDate *date = self.datePicker.date; NSDateFormatter *nsd = [[NSDateFormatter alloc]init]; nsd.timeZone = [NSTimeZone localTimeZone]; nsd.locale = [NSLocale currentLocale]; nsd.dateStyle = NSDateFormatterShortStyle; nsd.timeStyle = NSDateFormatterShortStyle; NSLog(@"Setting a reminder for %@", [nsd stringFromDate:date] );

Great, this answered my question 2. The date picker is logging a time 4 hours ahead of me. I’m surprised they don’t mention this in the book.

Is this a Xcode bug? I am pretty sure that it worked before I upgraded the Xcode. I would picked a time one minute from now, and it would show the notice one minute later.

After I upgraded Xcode recently (a few days back) the date picker started to return GMT date time, so when it does NSLog, it says it’s 4 hours ahead, and also the UILocalNotification is no longer working right away (I chose 1 minute from now, with this GMT date, it actually scheduled it 4 hours later).

I see you can change the date back by using the DateFormatter, but it still does not change the date object returned from UIDatePicker, right?

Any suggestions?

[quote=“shenyu”]Is this a Xcode bug? I am pretty sure that it worked before I upgraded the Xcode. I would picked a time one minute from now, and it would show the notice one minute later.

After I upgraded Xcode recently (a few days back) the date picker started to return GMT date time, so when it does NSLog, it says it’s 4 hours ahead, and also the UILocalNotification is no longer working right away (I chose 1 minute from now, with this GMT date, it actually scheduled it 4 hours later).

I see you can change the date back by using the DateFormatter, but it still does not change the date object returned from UIDatePicker, right?

Any suggestions?[/quote]

This “issue” is only for the logging due to the default implementation of -description for NSDate. The app works fine; the code other people are posting help get the console output for NSDate in line with what they are seeing in the UI.