Using Xcode6 beta and iOS8 for this chapter's prj

When creating the TouchTracker prj, I notice the first difference that there’s no Class Prefix field. It is minor as it only makes the name of AppDelegate.h and AppDelegate.m as it is without the BNR prefix.

After the prj is created, I further notice the Linked Framework and Libraries in prj General tab is blank. It impacts the latter programming in that when creating the BNRLine subclass the CGPoint property ‘begin’ and ‘end’ cannot be identified.

Does anyone notice such difference? And does anyone successfully use Xcode6 with iOS8 SDK for this chapter’s prj?

Since I cannot use it, I use the good old Xcode 5.1 with iOS7.

I understand the Xcode6 beta has changes that make following the book more difficult, so I’ve been delaying installing it until after the book.

Silly me, though – I didn’t even think of having them coexist!

Thanks for the tip!

Hi gc3182,

Glad my msg help. Happy learning~

I got around this by adding

to BNRLine.h. Not sure if that’s the right way, but it did enough to get the application working. Hope it helps someone else, so far I’ve managed to work around the minor differences between Xcode 5 and 6.

[quote=“prolific8”]I got around this by adding

to BNRLine.h. Not sure if that’s the right way, but it did enough to get the application working. Hope it helps someone else, so far I’ve managed to work around the minor differences between Xcode 5 and 6.[/quote]

Importing UIKit also works, and is more common: