Where is our MKAnnotationView-derived class?

In the XCode reference documentation titled “Annotating Maps” http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/LocationAwarenessPG/AnnotatingMaps/AnnotatingMaps.html, in the second section of that doc titled “Adding Annotations to a Map”, it states:

[quote]In order to display an annotation on a map, your application must provide two distinct objects:

• An object that conforms to the MKAnnotation protocol and manages the data for the annotation. (This object is the annotation object.)
  • A view (derived from the MKAnnotationView class) used to draw the visual representation of the annotation on the map surface. (This is the annotation view.)[/quote]

I understand that our MapPoint class creates the object that satisfies the first requirement. However I don’t see where we’re satisfying the second requirement: to provide a view derived from the MKAnnotationView class.

Our worldView property is an instance of the MKMapView class but that class does not inherit from MKAnnotationView.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
mb

There is a basic MKAnnotationView that is used… you can subclass it to create your own. However, that documentation is a bit misleading since you don’t HAVE to create a view object - one is already created for you.