White Screen

When I’m launching the simulator, nothing really happens, besides the white screen shows up. That is kind of annoying, I’ve been following the code throughout the book and expected that everything went smooth. Someone was able to fix this issue?

I had the same issue, until I found that I’d missed a bit. Check page 22 ‘Getting the view controller on the screen’. Without adding the two lines of code in this section you’ll just get a white screen. Adding those lines fixed it for me.

You were write. I added the write code by the wrong order. I fixed it up. And it worked.

I got the same problem.
I’m sure I’m not missing the part on Page22, but there is still a white-out after loading page.
can anybody tell me why?
Plz, this is truly frustrating.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I was receiving the same issue, I seemed to resolve the issue by going into the info.plist and deleting the whole row where it has “main” in the column “value”. Hopefully this helps!

My code is same as book can anybody tell me whats the problem : am still facing the white screen.

• (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions {

self.window = [[UIWindow alloc]initWithFrame:[[UIScreen mainScreen]bounds]];
    // Override point for customization after application launch.

//creating instance of our custom VC class
    BNRQuizViewController *quizVC = [[BNRQuizViewController alloc]init];
    self.window.rootViewController = quizVC;

self.window.backgroundColor = [UIColor blueColor];
    [self.window makeKeyAndVisible];

return YES;
    }

I have just tried that code, and it worked.

Are you sure your view controller’s view itself is not blank?

Go change its background color to something other than white and try again.