Wrong output and exit code 9

Hello!

I have been trying to solve this challenge for a while now, but every time I run my code, I only get the output: “Where should I start counting?”, and then the program runs until I hit the stop button. Then, in the output, it also says: “Program ended with exit code: 9” What does that mean, and why doesn’t my code work?

I have been looking around on the forum a bit, and while I have picked up a few tips here and there, I haven’t been able to find any solution to my problem. I would be very thankful if I could get some help, I post my code below :slight_smile:

[code]#import <readline/readline.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
printf(“Where should I start counting? “);
const char *numStart = readline(NULL); //Takes whetever number the user puts in and stores it in the variable numStart
int i = atoi(numStart); //Converts numStart, as a string, to a integer
printf(”%d\n”, i); //Prints out the number the user puts in (as a decimal since it’s a integer)

for (i; i >= 0; i -= 3) {
    printf("%d\n", i);
    if (i % 5 == 0) {
        printf("Found one!\n");
    }
}
return 0;

}[/code]

Thanks in advance!

Relax, apart from one warning, there is nothing wrong with your code - it works as expected:

Where should I start counting? 64
Found one!
Found one!
Found one!
Found one!

The obvious question: Did you actually enter a number on the console and hit the return key?

When the program runs, the readline function causes the program to pause and wait for input until you enter a number on the console and hit the return key.

Haha, thank you! It turned out that my console wasn’t active so I couldn’t type in any number, but after the “activation” it worked like a charm! Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

(And regarding the warning, I googled a bit and solved it by declaring i inside the for loop like so:

for (int i = atoi(numStart); i >= 0; i -= 3))