BrowserSync in a headless environment


#1

Hello,

Thank you for providing this forum.

Two things come up when I run Browser-sync.

  1. A Chrome Windows error saying it cannot find ‘Google Chrome’. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. [OK]

  2. [BS] Couldn’t open browser (if you are using BrowserSync in a headless environment, you might want to set the open option to false)
    i.e.

Owner@OWNER-PC /ottergram
$ browser-sync start --server --browser “Google Chrome” --files “stylesheets/*.css, *.html”
[BS] Access URLs:

   Local: http://localhost:3000
External: http://10.0.0.2:3000

      UI: http://localhost:3001

UI External: http://10.0.0.2:3001

[BS] Serving files from: ./
[BS] Watching files…
[BS] Couldn’t open browser (if you are using BrowserSync in a headless environment, you might want to set the open option to false)

I work in a Windows 7 environment and the page loads fine when just pasting http://localhost:3000 into the omni bar
Any feedback or suggestions you could offer would be great.

Thanks!
kevin


#2

The only thing I change was this part ‘–browser “Google Chrome”’ to ‘–browser “chrome.exe”’ (WIndows)


#3

Hello Kev and incubusj. Thank you! I had this problem as well. I just changed to “chrome.exe” and VOILA!