How to embed screen shots?

I occasionally want to insert a screen shot in a post, but I don’t see how. I tried it before in the previous posting software, but it just showed an icon. Now, I don’t even see how. I see where a hyperlink can be inserted, but can I easily get a picture as a hyperlink? Thanks for any guidance.

I think the default policy is to discourage it.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but a thousand words require less space to store and also less energy to transport around the world. :slight_smile:

Well, what’s the policy, if any, to display something that can’t be copy/pasted? I occasionally want to show some kind of window popup, or cursor change, or positioning of items, or results of running an app. How might these be made available in a post? Thanks.

I know this post is really old, but you can just drag images in to the reply window here and they show up.

Thanks. I think I tried that, but the resulting post/reply just showed an icon, so I thought it didn’t work. Next time, I’ll re try the drag.

Looking for the same thing. I tried dragging the photo and it works. Thank so much :slight_smile: