How to enable androidx artifact in android studio 4.0.1

I just started with the book ,but could not find how to use android_x in my new project . There is a option to migrate to android_x though once we start the project can’t I just start the proj with android x

I just finished the book this month so I am no Android expert – However my observation is that in Android Studio 4 and above you no longer need to pick Android X for a new project, it’s just the default now.

You can see inside a new project’s default build.gradle file it pulling in androidx dependencies.

Hope this helps.

You will need Android Studio 3.2 or higher. If you don’t have it installed, you can download the latest version from the Android Studio site .

1. Open Android Studio.
  2. Select Open an existing Android Studio Project .
  3. Open the android directory within your app.
  4. Wait until the project has been synced successfully. (This happens automatically once you open the project, but if it doesn’t, select Sync Project with Gradle Files from the File menu).
  5. Select Migrate to AndroidX from the Refactor menu.
  6. If you are asked to backup the project before proceeding, check Backup project as Zip file , then click Migrate . Lastly, save the zip file in your location of preference.