In table cannot change "clip view" size

In Chap. 9 NSArray Controller when I drag in the table view it creates a “clip view” and a yellow warning shows up. When I click on it the message is that a length of 0 and a height of 0 were expected but the values are 238 and 117. I can see the fields with the incorrect seize but they are grayed out so I cannot change them. When I run the program it compiles but no window appears. Any idea as to what I am doing wrong.

Ray Bowler

Hi,

I often get the Clip View warning, and it has never prevented my apps from working correctly, so I would look elsewhere for the problem.

Like maybe the app window is hidden behind the Xcode window. Check the Dock. There should be an icon for the app window in the Dock, which you can click on to make the app window visible. However, I find it can take up to 10 seconds for the app to execute–so just keep clicking on the app icon in the Dock until the app window appears.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to post your project on git hub, so people can take a look at it.

Thanks. I hadn’t thought of looking in the Dock but when I clicked it there the window showed up so I can go forward now. This project will help create the app. that I need.

Ray