No R.Java (purchased book)

Hey guys, I just bought the book at Amazon and it looks pretty good so far, but I am at an impasse.

I am at the part of the book that talks about R.Layout(.ActivityQuiz).

The app/build/generated/source/r/debug directory does not exist, as shown in the book, but this one does:

app/build/generated/source/rs/debug

Anyway, when I go through app/build/generated/source/rs/debug, I find that there is no file called R.java, as the book reads.

Any help is appreciated.

Lester

(update)

I found an R.java file here:
C:\Users\LCM\AndroidStudioProjects\GeoQuiz\app\build\generated\not_namespaced_r_class_sources\debug\processDebugResources\r\com\bignerdranch\android\geoquiz,

These are all the imports I have:

import android.support.v7.app.AppCompatActivity;
import android.os.Bundle;

How is it getting access to that R file with just those imports?

You might try cleaning and rebuilding the project.
Build —> Clean Project
and
Build —> Rebuild Project

This should generate those files as needed.

Yeah, still nothing. I have an R file that I’ve been looking at in

generated>not_namespaced_r_class_sources>debug>processDebugResources>r>com.bignerdranch.android.geoquiz>r.java

The path that I expected it to have R in:

generated>source>rs>debug

does not exist. It’s the closest thing I found to the path that the book gives.

the folder mentioned in the book is the correct folder. How are you browsing to see this? In the package manager, in the file system? Curious that those files would not exist. Is it possible that you didn’t create the app right in Android Studio and that is why it’s not creating those files? Maybe try creating a new blank android project.

i have the same problem and i have spent like 4 hours and still nothing.
I also made a question in Stackoverflow

Did you find a solution?

i found the answer and i post it here for future reference:

Really this book is worth buying? I saw it on New year Coupons at Reecoupons, and I was confused to buy it or not, can you tell me how edition?