Already hit a stumbling block

Hi!
Having a tech problem, did a couple of searches, found folks with the same problem but not a single answer.
I got through Chapter 5, then had to take a couple of weeks off. No problems until today.
Fired up Xcode, can’t create a new project.
Best example of the problem is here:
apple.stackexchange.com/question … ew-project

Loading, loading, loading …
Realizing this is more of an Apple problem than a Big Nerd Ranch problem, I’m still tossing it out there because I’m seeing the same question posted with zero responses on various support forums.
Running a newish iMac, i5
Thanks!

For what it’s worth … i can open and build old projects just find … just can’t start a new one.

[quote]For what it’s worth … i can open and build old projects just find … just can’t start a new one.
[/quote]
What do you get if you try to create a new project? Does Xcode say anything?

[quote=“ibex10”][quote]For what it’s worth … i can open and build old projects just find … just can’t start a new one.
[/quote]
What do you get if you try to create a new project? Does Xcode say anything?[/quote]

I’d paste a screen shot, but it would look exactly like the one on the Stack Exchange link above.

Start a new project. “Choose a template for your new project.” Select “application” from the OS X list, then Command Line Tool.

At this point, the window at the top says “loading” with the chasing circle thingy, but the Next button is blue and functioning. However, when you click Next, and you move to the “choose options” window (product name, organization name, etc), the Next button is greyed out. I can select Cancel or Previous, but not Next. And the bar at the top still says “loading.”

I let the dang thing run for a couple of hours, just to see what would happen. Never changed.

Uninstalled Xcode, reinstalled. Nada.

[quote]…However, when you click Next, and you move to the “choose options” window (product name, organization name, etc), the Next button is greyed out. I can select Cancel or Previous, but not Next. And the bar at the top still says “loading.”
[/quote]

That’s pretty weird.

Silly to ask but are you entering a Product Name and Organization Identifier? If they are not both entered Next button should be greyed out.

Also, when doing all this are you seeing anything unusual in the Console Application’s window?

Hmmm … deleted the info in organization identifier … typed in something new … viola! Victory!

Thanks and cheers!