Can't find preview option in XCode 14

I’m on the localization chapter and can’t seem to find the Preview view for my storyboard (page 143). I’ve tried looking under Editor → Preview and it’s not there, and control-command-enter does nothing. I feel like I’m missing something obvious but I’m flummoxed. Thanks for any help.

Update: I installed XCode 13.4.1 via XCodes (GitHub - RobotsAndPencils/xcodes: The best command-line tool to install and switch between multiple versions of Xcode.) and the preview button works just fine as documented in the book. So I’m off and running again! Still, it’d be nice to know how to use previews on XCode 14. Has anyone gotten that to work?

i’m stuck in the same problem. using xcode 14.0.1 on m1
it looks like Preview did exist in the previous version of xcode and it somehow disappeared apparently.
i’m reluctant to install older version of xcode and really want to stick with xcode 14.
could anyone kindly show me a way to go around this problem?

The answer is you must:

• Open Editor → Assistant. This will open a split left-right screen with your code on the right

• Click on any non-commented out line in your ViewController.swift file:

Then you will see the menu item for Editor → Preview

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 8.44.22 AM 2023-10-18 08-44-38

more information :slightly_smiling_face:

Again, I am running into the same problem when on Chapter 7. I am running Xcode 15.2 and followed the steps jsonfb1 recommended. But alas no Preview comes up in the Editor menu. Any other suggestions?