Online videos/examples

I am quite new to programming and at times find it helpful to augment the book with online videos to clarify concepts. I am wondering if anyone would have a recommendation for sites in relation to the beginning lessons of objective-c. I will be looking on my own as well, but hope the community would have some resources to share as well.

TIA. ~Losha

The Objective-C Programming Language is based on the C Programming Language.

Given that plus since you are new to programming and want to learn Objective-C, I would recommend that you find a good book on the C Programming Language and read that, instead of trying to learn things from video lectures. You can learn much faster from a good book, and without wasting energy.

Lynda.com has videos about Objective-C and also iOS
If you check on youtube, there are a couple of people who are pretty good at giving the basics of Obj-C.

for my part, I went over all course of codecademy.com (helped me to get my mind on "How it works with variable, loops, etc etc) and I recently found that on code.org, under the Objective-C and iOS courses, the first chapter is free. its pretty fun, give it a try!

I started with the books of Kevin J McNeish who wrote 3 books about iOS development for NON-programmer. The second one is about Obj-C and It’s where I started to learn the language. (it has exercices + files to download + videos and interactive slides on the iBooks version + regular updates following the evolution of iOS and Xcode + code is in color matching Xcode, you’ll never get lost)

Hope it helps, let me know

Thank you Interx! I will definitely be looking into your suggestions. I do have this BNR book of course, but it is nice to supplement it with other voices so to speak since my learning style isn’t at it’s peak with sit, read, do.

This you will need to work on. 80% of what a professional programmer does it sit, read, do, read some more, do, do again. Get a soda. repeat.

If you want to be successful you will need to begin training yourself. Today is just as good as any other day to start, and starting with something you’re not necessarily under a time crunch to get done will give you some room for growing paints.

Regards,

Mark H

[quote=“ibex10”]The Objective-C Programming Language is based on the C Programming Language.

Given that plus since you are new to programming and want to learn Objective-C, I would recommend that you find a good book on the C Programming Language and read that, instead of trying to learn things from video lectures. You can learn much faster from a good book, and without wasting energy.[/quote]

Do you mean that this book isn’t good enough ? :confused:

This is a great book, absolutely.

You can also read material from the Apple Developer site.

The book we are reading now is a very good introduction but more won’t hurt.

Ibex10, please give us a list of the top 3 best C books for us to burn through.

[color=#004040]JR[/color]

I have a sneaking suspicion that all other books are derived from this book:

• The C Programming Language, Brian W. Kernighan & Dennis M. Ritchie

Please take your time and read these articles (about my heroes) if you are looking for a source of inspiration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ritchie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Kernighan

Yeah that’s quite important topic to be discussed as most of students face issue with books and online study materials. In that case foe objective-c, i can suggest you take help from eduhelphub.com that is quite good in nature and also feasible.