What replaced "File's Owner" functionally in Xcode 6?

So I’ve been working through the 2nd edition Obj-C book in Xcode 6 without really any problem until I got to chapter 32, but now I’ve hit a hiccup.

Basically, when you get to page 271-272, you are asked to control-drag the insert button to the “File’s Owner” to make a connection and set the addTask: method as the action for the button.

In Xcode 6, there’s no visible “File’s Owner” for me. The storyboard controls are slightly different from the xib controls in Xcode 5 generally, but not so much that I can’t figure out the new equivalents to the old.

But when I look at the document outline, my Xcode 6 screen shows no “placeholders” section. In Xcode 5 (I’ve got 5 and 6 installed, on Yosemite), I see it as it is in the book. Using Xcode 5, I can get the xib to work the same as the book predicts.

So I’ve tried connecting the button to various things, just in terms of experimenting, and the only think I can get it to link up to and use the addTask: method is the FirstResponder. However, when I try to actually run the program after linking to FirstResponder, my compile fails.

It’s a pretty hefty error thread, but the last line and code are this: “Command /Applications/Xcode6-Beta2.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool failed with exit code 255”

So my question is: is there an equivalent to 'File’s Owner" in Xcode 6? What should I be linking my button methods up to in order to get functionality of them now?

I know this is an old thread and ‘andrewdavis’ has probably moved on…but in case anyone finds this thread looking for help…look for the answer here:

viewtopic.php?f=468&t=9499

Thanks!

spifl42’s link appears to be broken. Anyone got a solution?